Jun Sun's Linux/Open Source Page
- Build Vyatta AMI for Amazon EC2
- I went through the process of building Vyatta Core based AMI and put them on sale in the marketplace. In a true open source fashion, I'm documenting what I have done.
- Build CentOS AMI for Amazon EC2
- A script that helps one to build CentOS 6 based distro as Amazon EC2 AMI
- Android hacking
- No, I can't ignore that. See more notes here. It is the best hacking platform I have ever seen. (circa Jan 2009)
- I recently (circa Dec 2005) spent a huge amount time and figured out how to build qtopia/qte for an ARM target. You can find a much simpler way to build them through a script under this directory.
Here is the readme files.
- A list of RPM packages
- Dovecot for FC3
- Mutt for FC5 - included a patch that spawn an external viewer for "application/otctet-stream" type based on their file extensions.
- Revamp Linux time subsystem
- Here is my idea about revamping Linux time subsystem to provide higher resolutions. Foundamentally it will transform Linux from a tick-driven time subsystem to a event-driven time subsystem.
- My Linux/MIPS porting guide
- Slightly outdated (on 02/10, 2004), but with help from people like Steven Hills this can be update to cover 2.6 hopefully soon. I also kept a "random thought list around.
- Some small userland tarballs (for testing purpose)
- (To be added and cleaned up later ... but here are the old ones)
- My popular guide on flashing firmware on Prism 802.11b chips"
- Yes I play with WLAN, especially hostap driver, on Linux.
If I have time, there are some goodies to release here (including a bootable CD to turn any PC/laptop into a wireless access gateway).
- Real-time-ness on Linux
- Some real-time related stuff:
- a preemptiable kernel patch for MIPS around 2.4.21
- some preemption latency test utilities
- xcvs - a web-based CVS tracking tool
- Check it out at its own homepage at http://xcvs.sourceforge.net. It is a VERY COOL tool.
- Some useful scripts
- cvspatch - apply a patch to a CVS tree (do proper CVS add/rm etc..)
- respin-defconfigs - Wheneven config file changes, default configs need to be updated. This script just does that for you.
- ipatch - interactively apply a patch, hunk by hunk.
- usock-timeout - client/server PHP scripts that test how long a NAT'ing gateway would keep an outgoing UDP port open. I have tested two gateways so far. One has a timeout of 2 minutes and the other has 10 minutes.
- mini-HOWTO on enabling gdbserver for MMU-less systems with uCLinux
- How to enable SyncML on T-Mobiled branded V3 (RAZR)
- A call graph to illustrate what happens when a user suspend and resume Linux on vmplayer.
- ebase - An old project on embedded database library. Not active anymore. I hope someday I can take "work" vacantion to get version implemented.
- A set of extremely useful, hard-to-find test programs, but ill-documented. For advanced and curious hackers only.
- Collection of my patches. Note this starts to get incomplete as xcvs is now working. I will probably put another page to automatically extrace patches that I check into CVS trees.